Blind Date Diary

Blind Date Diary

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Doubleheader Part 1: Mr. Alabama - The Real Date

February 4th, 2010

Goodness only knows why I would agree to meet this guy after he wandered up and down my street looking for a restaurant with the street's name.  Idiot.  He already reminded me of one of my incompetent interns.  I guess I was determined to get what was bound to be an unsuccessful date out of the way once and for all.  With an attitude like that, he didn't have a chance.

FIRST IMPRESSION:  After expecting Mick Jagger's second cousin, this is quite the let-down.  Tall and lean, that's fine. Longish hair, not really my thing, but okay.  Goofy, bright-eyed face?  NO.

We sit down and I order the usual granola parfait for this day time date and he doesn't pay, just gazes on with a general look of idiocy.  Who are these wimps?  I mean really?  What is this ridiculously clueless generation of pansies that have the audacity to go on a dating site with no intention to pay for anything, only looking for "liberated" young girls with low self-esteem who pay for their own drinks and begrudgingly sleep with these losers?!  Okay, okay.  I'm all worked up now.  Not my bag, but I can't really expect everyone to hold the same views that I do.  These guys wouldn't act like this if there weren't American Apparel-wearing girls out there giving them the go-ahead, but if you want to entertain these skinny boys (that aren't really even good-looking, mind you), then go right ahead!

I continue to sit in silence as Mr. Alabama tells tales in his southern twang which, incidentally, quickly loses its charm.  He makes money by doing "performance art," sometimes dressing up as a dragon at children's parties.  So that's what they're calling that now?  Sure, if it makes you feel better.  Then he takes an unexpected turn in the conversation after finding out I work in events and makes a hard pitch for me to refer him to my clients.  Made you re-think not paying for my parfait now, doesn't it buddy?  Too late.  I've lost all interest.  Not to mention that watching him describe the dragon costume with his long, feminine fingers moving this way and that dropped what was left of any attraction to a firm zero.  A limp hug goodbye and a slow trudge home to write in my diary.

Date #30:  Made my left arm hurt.  Pent up anger?  Probably.

No comments:

Post a Comment