Blind Date Diary

Blind Date Diary

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Mr. Dancer


December 6th, 2009

Okay, I don't have a photo of him because he was a sudden surprise amidst my internet dating madness. I met Mr. Dancer accidentally after a night of soul dancing (what? It's fun). One of my best guy friends (and unintentional cockblock), Mr. Friend, and I stumbled into a local pub to chat with a chum, Mr. Godfather of Disco, before last call. Our mutual friend had a friend, Mr. Dancer (is this starting to get confusing?) who happened to be a professional dance instructor. Met him briefly and excitedly asked him to come out dancing with me sometime. I really liked his faux New York accent and macho sensibilities. I'm a nerd.

Mr. Godfather of Disco then gave me Mr. Dancer's phone number and texting began. While we were trying to set up a time to "all go out dancing" we ended up scheduling a dance lesson at my apartment. What? Well, this whole thing was really weird because he thought Mr. Friend was my boyfriend, naturally, and kept referring to "you guys" when referencing our lesson. I explained to Mr. Friend that Mr. Dancer was coming over that evening for a dance lesson with just me. Apparently, to a guy, that means sex. I was aghast! Mr. Friend emphasized how I didn't even know this guy and I would be alone with him in my apartment. I didn't realize how weird I made this whole thing. What would he think if he came over and it was just me, like I trapped him or something. So, at the last minute, I decided Mr. Friend needed to stay for the lesson, furthering Mr. Dancer's assumption that we were a couple. During the lesson I realized that I REALLY like Mr. Dancer and suggested "we all go out for a drink." While I went to change my shoes, I texted Mr. Friend and told him to scram. We all headed out to a nearby lounge (the same lounge that I just went to with Mr. Gay Voice a few days prior) and Mr. Friend feigned exhaustion and excused himself. My little plan was working!

Mr. Dancer and I thoroughly enjoyed ourselves over drinks and I informed him that Mr. Friend was just a friend and whatever other nonsense I think is appropriate to say after three gin and tonics. I know! I did it again. Had a little too much to drink...Boldthen I touched his face and said "I like you!" Such a mistake on a sort-of-first date! Uggh! Then he said "I like you too. We should kiss." And then he kissed me. He paid the tab (such a gentleman) and we left and made out (A LOT) in his car.

We've texted a few times, but he has managed to dodge all attempts at in person contact. So...I guess the lesson is don't trick someone into teaching you something, get drunk, and makeout?

(Semi-) Date #2: Lame.

No comments:

Post a Comment