
December 12th, 2009
Now I figure I'm on a roll. Why stop now? Mr. Liar Pants looked like a cutie in all of his photos and was rather witty in his email correspondence. After counsel from my guy friends, I realized that I should try to adhere to the following blind date rules:
Now I figure I'm on a roll. Why stop now? Mr. Liar Pants looked like a cutie in all of his photos and was rather witty in his email correspondence. After counsel from my guy friends, I realized that I should try to adhere to the following blind date rules:
1. Avoid anything but drinks for the first date (this prevents any prolonged awkwardness, see Mr. Astrology).
2. Have ONE drink. If things are going well, order another; if not, say you have to meet friends.
3. Limit the date to one hour, any longer is weird for a first meeting.
So, we were set to meet on a Saturday night at 7 pm for drinks at my usual lounge spot with the perfect excuse to bail: A holiday party at 8:30 pm.
First Impression: What?! He looked NOTHING like his photos. Not even his face. He was about 20 lbs heavier in person than what he looked like on his profile (which also described him as "thin"). He was short, overweight, and had some sort of smush thing going on with his face.
I ordered a beer (which I normally don't drink, and really don't like) as did he. While Mr. Liar Pants was very funny and exchanged pleasantries (turns out he's a writer for some show), I was not in the LEAST bit attracted to him and was more than happy to jet when the clock turned 8:00 and he paid the tab (phew!). Plus, I had two dates scheduled for the next day, so I was not bummed in the least.
Date #4: Whatev.

No comments:
Post a Comment