January 25th, 2010
First, I have to explain that the few month break in posting has largely to do with a nutcase who's dating one of my exes. Basically, she's obsessed with me/this blog, but she's also a nutcase so who cares?!
Second, why skirt around the truth? Sex. It happened. On this date. And it was really stupid. If you read any of the three dates leading up to this one, you're probably asking yourself, "Now, just why would this girl go out with this guy ANOTHER time?" It's true, I've asked myself this many times. Other than the fact that this guy wanted to go on a fourth date and had a semi-good sense of humor (but mostly that he wanted to go on a fourth date), there was absolutely no reason to continue these shenanigans. A brief re-cap is in order:
Since we already did the whole dinner at my place thing, Mr. Atheist offered to have me over to his apartment a few days later. Luckily, he doesn't have a roommate as that always presents a sticky situation. Let's just say I don't think he even cared and/or remembered that I was coming over because his place is an absolute trash can. Stuff everywhere. Dirty kitchen. Gross. He lights incense (to overtake the trash smell?). I indulge in a glass of wine right away to distract me from the fact that he was taking frozen taquitos out of the freezer to heat up for us. Again, did you remember I was coming? We DID text about it earlier in the day, but all signs point to a forgotten date. Or an extremely careless person. I'm not a snob by any means, but when you invite me over for dinner, can it please be something that didn't start out as frozen in the last 10 minutes?
We end up drinking the entire bottle of wine on his red couch (which matches nothing in his apartment). I mean, two frozen taquitos only fills you up so much. Of course, this leads to making out. He stops mid-kiss after a few minutes and says, "Okay, I just want to say that I'm not ready for a girlfriend. Just wasn't sure what you expected if we do anything else." Ummmm. Are you really saying this right now? I think you're retarded. CLEARLY you are not looking for a girlfriend, but you're looking to date around as is obvious from the fact that you are on a dating site (which we met on) and it says this very thing on your profile. Despite his horrible bedside manner, I continue to make out with him and we decide it's a good idea to sleep together. This is a bad decision that I take responsibility for. Well, the wine had a lot to do with it, let's be honest. Immediately after, he says, "I don't mean to bring this up now, but where did you park? I have to get up early..." EXCUSE ME? ARE YOU REALLY SAYING THIS RIGHT NOW? Yep. He was saying that. I proceed to get my things together to which he says, "Well, you don't have to go right now." Thanks buddy, but I'll be going now. I knew then and there I probably would never see him again.
Let me just say that while he clearly stated that he didn't want a girlfriend, I didn't think that meant sleeping with a girl once and then deleting her phone number. What's the point in that? No time to really enjoy each other at all, just a drunk-on-a-bottle-of-wine one time experience? For the better, obviously.
The icing on the Atheist cake is when I decide to log into the dating site the next morning. Guess who's on? Mr. Atheist. I don't care that I'm on too, it's still annoying and insulting that he's looking for new action the VERY NEXT MORNING, not even 8 hours later. Nice.
Date #26: Such a complete mistake.


Okay first off..the nutcase...have you seen the movie Single White Female? I think she may be stealing your identity soon...kinda creepy if you ask me, even creepier that she is dating your ex. She may have already invested in a beamer and is currently scrounging for some fabulous vintage clothing pieces. Is she doing wedding planning yet? YIKES all I have to say is YIKES!
ReplyDeleteNow for Mr. Atheist...sex...everyone needs it every now and then - so don't beat yourself up over it. I would have used him for what I could than left his ass. Well, that actually depends on how good he was - apparently he was not that great in bed. let it go and know that you don't have to ever indulge in that mistake ever again.
Maybe it's time for a change in the guys you consider...I'm thinking Southern Cowboy maybe a good change for the next date.
Such an aweful date! I wish you could use their real names so us girls can watch out for this dude.
ReplyDeleteRe: The Nutcase- Can you blame her???
ReplyDelete