February 3rd, 2010
This date was stupid, so I'm not really going to spend much time on it, only to say that it was dumb and I would very much like to move on to the more exciting and simultaneously disappointing dates that come after this.
Still on my day-date kick, I schedule a time to meet Mr. Ditzy for iced tea, still annoyed at the debacle resulting from Mr. Alabama's confusion.
FIRST IMPRESSION: He's slight in build. Too slight. His eyes are different colors, which I guess would normally make me think he was magical if I was even remotely attracted to him.
We chit chat about I don't know what and the words leave his mouth slower than I've ever heard before. I get the impression that he's a bit dumb, but I can't decide if that's because of his dilly dallying speech or his way-off comments. We then come to the conclusion that it's a good idea to take a walk. Sure, why not? I have nothing else to do. We walk past a church and have a religious conversation, more nostalgic of childhood than anything else, touching on his stint as an altar boy (much better than any conversation with Mr. Atheist though).
We then pass by a bookstore where Greenpeace volunteers are standing outside looking for new recruits. I continue walking past them, just smiling slightly so as not to seem rude. After completely passing the bookstore, I realize I'm walking alone. I look back and see that Mr. Ditzy is engaging the volunteers in conversation. Not only that, but they succeed in signing him up for Greenpeace. Really? Does he have absolutely no direction or plans in his life that he just joins whatever organization happens to be hovering over the local bookstore? Yep, that appears to be exactly what is happening.
Date #29: Greenpeace can have him!


No comments:
Post a Comment